Established in 1992, the Kentian Society is the alumni body of past students and staff of Kent Street Senior High School. We aim to promote social ties between past and present members of the school and support the school community in providing the highest possible standard of education for its students.
Office and Archives
The Kentian Society Office and Archives are located at the School, Science Block, Level 2, off Rathay Street.
- 9.30am to 12.30pm. Thursday during school terms or by appointment on other days.
- 1.30pm to 4.00pm on Thursday on Committee-Meetings days, as affected by the present pandemic. Most 2022 meetings have been held via Zoom.
If you are interested in helping with the Archives your assistance is very welcome.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on (08) 9262 0500.
Joining the Society
Becoming a member of the Kentian Society links you to the school community.
Update Your Details
Keep the Society informed of your current details, so you can stay in touch. Click here to see Membership-Update-Form
Annual General Meeting
The Society’s AGM is usually held at the school at 11.00 am on the last Sunday of March, except where this is Easter Sunday when it is held the week before. Notification is in accordance with the Constitution Page 18 Item 50. This was not possible in 2022 and the AGM was held off-site.
Our preferred practice of holding a barbecue after the AGM was also affected by pandemic restrictions. We hope to be able to return to enjoying such a function in 2023.
Reunions and Class Events
- The Kentian Society 20th Anniversary Reunion was held on Friday 17th October 2012
- The 70th Anniversary of Kent St SHS was celebrated on 30 October 2010.
- For details of these, other School, Society and Year Group reunions see Reunions and Class Events
Kentian Scholarship Foundation
The Kentian Scholarship Foundation was established as a Charitable organisation in 2009. Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.