Established in 1992, the Kentian Society represents the 30,000+ alumni (former staff and students) of the first Government secondary school established on the southern side of the Swan River.
All former students and all current and former staff of Kent Street Senior High School are automatically entitled to free membership as Alumni Members.
Parents of current and former students, and all donors to the school, are also entitled to free membership as Associate Members.
Alumni and Associate members don’t have access to all the benefits of financial Society Members, but will receive the Society’s quarterly e-newsletter if they register their email address with us when completing a New-Membership-Application-Form
Full Society Membership is open to any Alumni member who pays the required membership fee.
What you receive as a Society Member:
- A quarterly e-Newsletter via email keeping you informed about Society activities and what’s happening at the school,
- Access to historical artefacts, and hardcopy or electronic materials, held in the Society’s extensive Archive collection (access to materials is controlled by the Government Privacy and FOI Acts of WA and hard copies will only be provided as photocopies or scans of the originals)
- Help in organising Reunions and tracking former classmates or staff,
- Access to our growing Network of employers and mentors from education and other work areas you may be interested in,
- The opportunity to Make a Difference by volunteering in the Archives or at school events, donating to the Society or the Scholarship Foundation, or offering your expertise to the many services the Society provides, and
- Eligibility to vote in Society elections, hold office, or serve on the management committee or any sub-committee of the Society.
How much does it cost?
There are currently several types of fee-paying membership:
- Society Member – 5-year membership fee of $35 per person, $50 for couples, paid in advance
- Graduate Member – exempt from fees for first 5 years after graduation
- Society Life Member – 20-year membership fee of $140 per person, $200 for couples, paid in advance
- Society Esteemed/Valued Benefactor – exempt from fees for life
- Society Honorary Life Member – exempt from fees for life
Office and Archives
The Kentian Society Office and Archives are located at the School Science Block, Level 2, off Rathay Street. All visitors to the school need to sign in first at the main office Reception area.
- 9.30am to 12.30pm Thursday during school terms or by appointment on other days.
If you are interested in helping with the Archives your assistance is very welcome.
Please contact the Society at email@example.com (or the Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a phone message for either the Society or the Archives on (08) 9262 0500.
Joining the Society
Becoming a member of the Kentian Society links you to the school community.
Update Your Details
Keep the Society informed of your current details, so you can stay in touch. If you need to update your membership details, please use the New-Membership-Application-Form instead and select “Update membership details” as the Application Type.
Annual General Meeting
The Society’s AGM is usually held at the school at 11.00 am on the last Sunday of March, except where this is Easter Sunday when it is held the week before. Notification is in accordance with the Constitution Page 18 Item 50. This was not possible in 2023 and the AGM was held off-site.
Our preferred practice of holding a barbecue after the AGM was also affected by pandemic restrictions. We may be able to return to enjoying such a function in 2024.
Reunions and Class Events
- The 70th Anniversary of Kent St SHS was celebrated on 30 October 2010.
- The Kentian Society 20th Anniversary Reunion was held on Friday 17th October 2012
- The 80th Anniversary of Kent St SHS was not celebrated with any public events due to pandemic restrictions in 2020. Plans are now underway to celebrate the 85th Anniversary in 2025 instead.
- For details of these, other School, Society and Year Group reunions see Reunions and Class Events
Kentian Scholarship Foundation
The Kentian Scholarship Foundation was established as a Charitable organisation in 2009. Donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.